Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No Singing Allowed

I called the White House Comment Line. 202-456-1111. I wanted to speak a little about my pride in guys who are still working for me in D.C. Mr Kucinich once more started impeachment articles. Mr Wexler joined him in the work. I called the comment line and started to sing "I'm So Proud" with new words. The volunteer started to shout "Don't Sing! Don't Sing!" I was taken aback by this censorship and then i realized this is a volunteer, they don't want to have to try to transcribe the words to a song sung over the phone. It is hard for even a trained musician to decipher the sounds of distortion. Another sign of the loss of freedom. The silencing of the song. Isn't singing a pursuit of happiness? What does the new signing statement constitution look like? When W re-writes the damn piece of paper will it resemble anything that the founders wrote? i hardly think so and if it does it didn't come from the brain of Dick Cheney(Darth).

No comments: