Saturday, June 14, 2008

Home

Its Saturday and I am listening to www.kboo.fm bluegrass music in fact from 9-12 in the morning. I am writng here because my other blog is down for some reason www.myspace.com/bcmartinmusic
There is a video of my present musical endeavor. There is a picture of me age 3 before I had my innocence taken from me. How did I know I was going to be a Buddhist? Yeah the fat guy they burn incense on. Shakymuni was not obese and not an ecstatic either though nirvana is approached in his teachings. Speaking of teachers I saw Matthew Fox walking through my space where I actually play. It's our church, Mat. Come on by and you don't have to partake in the sacraments but if you listen carefully you can hear all the places Jazz was in our jams.
The next day after I talked to Mat and invted him to come by and listen, I was at the rowing club on the bench medicating and a young man approached around the corner and asked if he could sit dowm. i smiled and said of course to which he commented that some people are not so friendly. His story in short, evicted for being poor HIV+ and can't handle the rent increase on disablilty SSI. Thrown out of a shelter after being taken for his last 20$ and wondering where he is going to sleep, if he should take his meds without food even though he knows it will make himsick.
I gave him some medicine. I gave him my scarf I recieved from my musician friend from Thailand. I gave him 10 $ I just happened to have for such emergencies. I thought of Matthew at that time. Am I a "minister"? where is my sangha? How do I transform and do the "work". It costs money to be a mystic healer. Can you send me some please Ms Universe?
Just enough not too much.
Thank you

No comments: