Sunday, October 27, 2013

The House of the Setting Sun

Chogyam Trungpa wrote that we should look not to the West but East facing the future and never looking back on the day as finished nor done. I have viewed this many ways since the first time I read Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism. As a pathological pessimist the East seems the solution, yet that inward navel gazing will not do the job. Always gazing West is also pathological as the sun also rises and never sets therefore endless summer of the evangelical polarity, an extroversion predatory capitalist personae.
As I watch the sun go South and add to the sunset effect I dread the evening sun. I lie waiting for light to come again. Now until February. The long dark night only tempered by the warrior facing always the Western sun. What has the Summer left? What have I gathered to weather this time of cold and barren earth.
Dare I speak now here of the oceans the glaciers and our fellow beings dying in such numbers? I will be that soon enough. Thank you Universe for this day to stay free to dance and to weep.

No comments: